dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Friday 22 June 2012

Pauline Parsons

Introducing Pauline Parsons. I was lucky enough to visit her at home some time ago when she opened her doors to the public. It was a chilly wintry evening in the Macclesfield area and we were invited around a bushy drive towards her shed. She and her partner welcomed us inside. In hindsight, I’m glad I took the photos you can see beneath. It’s always nice to have professionals rub off on you in any walk of life. I remember her saying that she didn’t use any glazes whatsoever. At the time, I thought she was mad, but after many unsuccessful trials and tribulations, I can now fully understand why. Clay, like wood, can be nice enough on its own. You don’t need to go and ruin it by slopping paint around all over the shop. Paint can conceal and disguise all the fine details. 



No comments:

Post a Comment