dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Monday 3 February 2014

Truth About Orphan Black

The same day I completed the main twist in a recent novel the whole file mysteriously disappeared from my online personal PC computer. The rescued document was page after nonsensical page of Latin symbols. If it had not been backed up on an external device, a helluva lot of book would have been like see ya later. As it was the loss was reduced to only a single morning. Not ideal, but a relief. That was almost a hat-trick of ‘losing’ books. Surely no author can be so unlucky!


Sorry, but the similarities between Orphan Black and some of my own content are 2 coincidental. I saw the first thumbnail for it on a torrent site soon after I nearly lost all that data. I’d never even heard of BBC America before until this. Hmm. Am I bothered? Well, the first time I was, years ago. This is at least the third time. Ask yourself this then: What is more likely, a nobody writer from Nowhere Street pitching his ideas to a Hollywood producer and making it big out of the blue, or organised cyber crime guys remotely fishing files? What happens more frequently on a daily basis, I wonder? No worries. The turnaround works both ways. It’s give and take. Wise up cockers. Bin that modem.

I missed the first and last episodes. Although very impressive, it was not soulful enough to make me care all too much. I could tell some of it came from me because I didn’t have the foggiest what was going on. You think I’m joking, don’t you? If you are, then you is correct, because part of me actually is; and if you aren’t, then you is correct, because part of me actually ain’t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment