dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Sunday 18 January 2015

Novel, Done



Finally self-published a small print run of ‘the’ novel, nearly five years after starting it. I’m pleased it’s going to ‘be’ because there were moments when I doubted it would ever see any light. At times, I feared for both my life and my freedom (but that’s another story). Leaving this thing unfinished was a genuine possibility. So, I’m glad that it’s done. I consider it my masterpiece, although I may be wrong. I’ll have to look back another couple of books down the line and see if I still feel the same. If there are to be another couple of books down the line (I told myself rather comfortingly that this would be the last). The current trend with me now is to collate my random bits and bobs of writing into book-length collections. I’m more interested in editing, redrafting, printing and publishing, instead of beginning new works. I’d rather be creating fresher editions of what I already have in print, and concentrate on getting them out there more effectively. It’s a big wide gaping world out there when one is basking in the shadow of obscurity. I want my book to be a part of it. I want to give it wings and let it fly, however small and slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment