dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Friday 5 December 2014

Controlled Dreams


By Sharon Hood, 33, Antisocial anxiety disorder. For years and years my dreams have been controlled and I didn’t have the foggiest idea. Now I’m on it like a car bonnet. About 80-90% of my dreams are induced now. I can smell them a mile off. If I am left to have a nice lovely natural dream of my own then I count that as a blessing. It means that the people who are in charge of my visual cortex during the night occasionally have a night off. I know exactly who they are because they are always in my dreams. It’s the same people in them every night. That is a big clue. The difference between a natural dream and a controlled dream is precise exacting detail. Controlled dreams resemble a scripted transmission; they leave you in no doubt as to what the dream was about. You remember every little thing about it. Natural dreams are misty and vague. Not to mention that controlled dreams are almost always horrible nightmares – that’s a huge clue too. They often depict torture. You wake up scared or sad or angry and it can define your whole day if you let it. There’s no reason for Average Joe Bloggs to be having recurring nightmares with the same old faces of his torturers in them every single night, time after time. That should tell you that something amiss is going on. And can I just say that this sadistic practice is quite possibly the gravest atrocity of human rights imaginable. What is more abhorrent than taking away the very basic need of a human to dream his dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment