dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Thursday 11 May 2023

Mr Donnie

 OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Hello there, Mr Donny here. Mr Donny is my new business name. Do you think it looks better spelled the other way, Donnie, like Donnie Darko, or not? I’ve not fully decided yet. I’ve not yet
decided what I’m going to do with my new name. I’m thinking Spiritual Councillor or Appropriate Adult. All I’m missing is a young client list of emos and goths. Female, of course! I’m deadly serious about it.

I’ve not yet considered becoming a clairvoyant but it has crossed my mind. The downside would be charging people and attracting more negative influences. Believe you me, I have enough. In saying that, bad spirits don’t scare me that greatly, relatively speaking. I’m more terrified of armed police. They do say you should be more fearful of the living.

One of my favourite bloggers has died recently. I never met him, but it’s saddening. I’d like this blog to be missed, one day, or read avidly. That would be very pleasing. It’s his death which has brought me here today. If any ideal reader out there exists, I’m a terrific let down. Now it’s just about staying in touch with the blog and posting an update every now and again in the hope to try and find "someone new" who would enjoy going back over the whole thing and singling out something interesting to them. I’ve done it myself, fishing though blogs all night. It’s nice when you find a good one. I hope mine will be a good one to someone out there one day.

I’m writing prose in the pub at the moment. It’s about a man in hospital. The book is called Headswap. I’d like to think that my own head has changed a lot since I started writing it. That was the point, in a way. It was meant to be a story about the creator-bond between Man (or me), and God. I didn’t expect to be writing prayer books though. The prayer book has almost got nothing to do with anything but I wouldn’t know what else to do with it apart from leave it inserted within the main body of Headswap. I’ve hardly ever even said a single prayer in my whole life so writing a bunch was something new.

Anyway, I’m too busy dancing in my mind to YouTube tunes now to think clearly, here in Warrington library, so I’m off to de-stress. I just wanted to say that I think I’ll try and pick the average posting ratio up, like back in the good old days, and start writing about ghosts or something (anything), to keep the blog alive. I really am surrounded by a lot of supernatural activity at the moment, and Christopher Fowler’s death has instilled faith in this thing, because his was so punctual and good. Stay tuned, keep happy, and don’t do drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment