dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Saturday 13 May 2023

Mr Doodle



OK, so we’re back blogging again. Great stuff. I didn’t realise how content it made me feel until the ability to blog was gone. I took everything I had for granted. The comfy armchair, Netflix (I’ve never had Netflix, but you know what I mean), frosted glasses full of cold lager… Modern day creature comforts are nice, aren’t they? I can tell you that by all accounts now I have very little. I’m not saying I prefer it this way (who does apart from Buddhist monks?), but I’m slowly getting my head around it. I currently need a little to be happy. Give me a lot and I’d be pulling cartwheels off. Like a lucky scratch card win, for example. Hey, don’t count it out.

 

I feel UP, ON IT, mentally boisterous, ready to rock ‘n’ roll and spill some pig guts! I wanna blast the top oFf the Empire State, fill in the Grand Canyon with mashed potato, and copy and paste the entire internet into my personal journal! You don’t care about my feelings, right? Well I gotta tell someone. I don’t treat this as The Void (the naked bare white page writers have to fill up in order to do their job), because it’s slightly easier: I don’t have to make anything up, this stuff just pours out from the heart. As in: Careful, he’s pouring it out here… You know, like a music band live on stage with your favourite song. Sometimes they get in the zone and just pour it out. Ronnie O’Sullivan pours his pots out on the table: his passion, his zest, his skill, his talent, everything. So do I here, a bit.

 

I love being at the 'cryptic pen' (computer) in public typing from the soul. I feel like a receptionist at the 'cryptic'. I no longer even own a personal PC computer, so that’s why I get excited here in the library. At home I have to use a pen. Hell, I don’t even write at home anymore. I’m always in the pub doing it. Non-alcoholic beer, if you must know, Nosey Parker. Orange, lime, blackcurrant… that’s all I drink. Off the fags, and off the booze. Now give me a golden handshake, a brass band, and a firework show. I gotta tell someone.

 

So the writing’s back on course – it’s a pleasure to be reacquainted with you – but the artwork is proving a struggle. I might have stumbled upon a new direction, but it no longer includes graphic design. I’ve lost my beloved Photoshop Elements 6.0 because I have no PC. I can’t get it to work here at the library. It’s a real shame. I’m finding life without graphic design rather difficult. I’ve just had an idea – I might try and find a college course which does it. Then I would be able to pick my art life up. At the moment, until then, its scribbles and doodles with felt tips and biros.

No comments:

Post a Comment