dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Sunday 7 November 2010

My Movie History

* by host blogger andrew donegan *

I cried to E.T in my auntie’s house. I tried not to let anyone see. Age? I would say around 10.

I watched The Exorcist in my mate’s girlfriend’s house then camped out that very same night. Not a good idea. The scariest thing about that movie is the fact that my mum had to sleep with the light on for years after she watched it, when she was younger.

My R.E teacher said our homework one weekend was to watch True Romance. I had a thing for her, so I knew I would like it. It totally rocked my world. The most significant and meaningful thing in my life, at that time!

Leon was the other big movie to leave an impression in my teenage years.

As an adult, 28 Days Later made a huge impact. I was very vulnerable and receptive at the time, plus I saw it at the pictures. And it was most excellently done. Was, and still may be, my fav.

Donnie Darko had such a feel about it, it was amazing. I watched it alone on a Sunday afternoon.

Vanilla Sky was another complete provocative package of a movie. And Ink, more recently, stirred my soul.

Casshern has the most breathtaking computer-animated action sequence that exists.

The ending to the King Kong remake drew me to the cinema 3 times. The sound of children crying said it all.

Others worth a mention: Gothika, Silent Hill, Nine Miles Down (the song they play to the credits can make a MASSIVE difference), Columbus Day, The Attic, Run Lola Run

There are plenty of movies with excellent bits in them, and even more stinkers, but only a handful really register emotionally, and leave you feeling changed afterwards.

I’ve never watched an adult movie, start to finish. I can’t imagine anyone ever doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment