dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Wednesday 17 April 2024

Ale

Had a right old time on the ale come Monday night, with my younger brother, and his mate, Mike. Mike has this thing where there’s never enough beer and he makes late night excursions to always buy more than what is needed. He bought three bottles of brandy and two cases of beer. It turned into an all-nighter. By the morning we were pouring the brandy down the sink, it was just far too much, there’s still a case of beer left over, I’ve just had a tinny then before I come out. Now I’m just sat here typing after getting over the worst of it. It was payday last night but I didn’t use, I’m quite silently proud of myself. The urge has gone away and I’m not complaining, for a few weeks there I was falling into the I’ll-use-on-payday-trap. It’s a cunning and baffling enemy.

I’ve lined up a score, however, for later. Just pregabs. I’ve not had any all week and I feel a bit flat without them. They put you into a good mood. They help me talk to God. That can’t be a bad thing, can it? I can’t wait to get my little grubby mitts on them, they’re my new drug of choice. Harmless, but highly addictive. The day isn’t some long wrought out chore on the pregabs, but something doable and manageable. And pints of beer taste so goddamn refreshing on them. I said I’d take Janette from Pathways for a pint this afternoon, after SMART group. She doesn’t get paid until the 26th. I know the feeling. It was nice to get a few quid in my back burner last night, I tell thee. I bought a 12” pizza, meat feast with extra jalepenos and pineapple. Before that I attended a bible study at Megan and Tom’s house with a couple of more Christians. We read John 1, not the gospel John but the John just before Revelations. I’m saving myself for Revelations. It inspired me to write a play called Mordecai in high school. I used to walk around everywhere in college with a copy of the New Testament in my pocket. It sent me a bit nuts and preluded my psychotic break with cannabis. Beth was there, she’s a GP. When she told me she was a doctor I was dead impressed. I wish I had a rewarding career…or do I? If I had one, I would probably not want one. The grass is always greener, isn’t it?

I’ve just made my 500 word limit for today’s post. That was hard work lol. I still don’t feel 100% recuperated and I have an AA group in the next half hour. I thought I’d stop by and just write a little something. Not really all that much to say. Things might be different tomorrow if I get inspired by something and can chill out on the pregabs. The lad is going to Manchester later to pick them up. The sooner the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment