dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Thursday 16 November 2023

Female Company


 Hello there my White Voiding companion. I sincerely pray that you are allright. I’ve had a hard night on the booze. Vodka, if you must know, shared with a lady friend back at my flat. Don’t worry, I didn’t tell her about the mice, and none showed up in her presence. Her name is Vicky, we’ve been meeting in the pub for a week or two, last night she asked me if she could come round. I had to clean the toilet and the sink quick-time as she was on her way in a taxi. When she arrived I handed over my last can of beer and gave her a fag she flicked into an empty can of cola because I haven’t got an ashtray. Things to do on today’s schedule: Buy an ashtray.

She wears nice eye makeup, is quite slim, and burps a lot. I say, “Bless you,” every time she does so. It was fabulous to have some female company back at my place. When we got bored of my music (Royal Blood), she played some Pixie Lott on her phone. When I stare at the screens on phones when music videos are playing, my imagination does strange interesting out-of-the-way oddball things. Anyway, I paid for the vodka (twice as much as the variety I’d have bought), and, I must say this, the quality was evident in the taste. I’ve learned that life is too short for cheap vodka. I’m not too sure if you agree?

When she left in a cab, I was buzzing to Royal Blood again. Several outros to certain tracks really fire up my inventive mental agility. I imagine one of my female characters scoring a goal at Anfield and screaming into the face of a masked Spanish Inquisitor as she leaps over the barrier and confronts him in the first row of the crowd. I have different scenarios to different songs. To Fang Mich Auf by Unheilig, for example, I imagine a heroine woman fighting lions on the beach with a shotgun. Certain evocative themes bring certain images into the brain. I’m listening to that one now by the way.

I visited my nephew afterward and gave him a copy of my best novel to read when he is older. It cost me £40 in a taxi to get there and back and I wasn’t even allowed in. But the book was dropped off and that was the main thing. I’m kinda regretting it because I was thinking pissed but that’s the vodka for you we act outta character don’t we when we’re on it? Yeah we do. Any old how I’ll wrap things up here and just wish you all the very best until we talk again, which will be very soon. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment