dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Rammstein Concert


Awesome display of lasers and explosions as is expected but I felt like a Man U season ticket holder at Old Trafford: You know it's gunna be a brill experience but can it live up to the VERY first time you were dazzled by the Theatre of Dreams? I've been 3 now and this time I even left a song early, after ICH WILL. Plus because their latest album was a let-down the song listing didn't thrill me either. I feel strangely not-very-happy, because several little aspects of the night didn't go my way. This should have been the best night in ages, but I've presently got a bit of a sulk on. Not forgetting postives:

1 The lead singer sang the first song with some kind of lightbulb in his mouth.
2 Loads of spooky dolls hanging from the set blew up.
3 Someone on stage was set on fire.
4 The keyboard player played his keyboard walking a treadmill.
5 Geeky dancing is the best kind of dancing there is.

But there were other mild dissatisfactions that marred what should have been an exceptional occasion. I won't go into them: They're just me......it's just me.

Earlier today I was listening to Dani Filth from the band Cradle of Filth talking about Gilles de Rais who was one of the wealthiest men in Europe from the 13th century and a knight who fought alongside Joan of Arc, but he is best known for being a serial murderer of children (yeah I know, nice bloke). Dani described him as "not giving a stuff", which to me seems like a glowing review, but this shocker slaughtered hundreds of innocent girls and boys between the ages of 6 and 18 in unbelievably cruel fashion after sodomizing them. This news may have played a part in the conspiracy to spoil my day, as I've just realised the WHY of it all now, about ALL bad deeds, call it a revelation: The ghastly f**k was just having things HIS way, at the end of the day. When people go ape shit and do crazy stuff I reckon they're simply seizing control and having things THEIR way. That's what it comes down to. Because surely no c**t can enjoy doing wild crap like that. Surely our nature doesn't stoop that low on its own. Please tell me it must be pushed into a corner first.

Tonight I did not have my way. That's why I'm here, where I can. It's the little things, sometimes, innit, that set you off down the lane of irritations and regrets? There's nothing bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment