dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Sunday 11 April 2010

Complete Collage Set


The door on the right is for scale. The original mainstream full set (not including commercial content like dogs and stuff) consists of 21 A4-sized laminated cards, but here I've padded it out with 12 6x4 photos around the edges. You can make out Gus Kidney's trademark eye on the lower right hand side.

My ideal dream job is simply delivering these sets to different locations and sticking them up on customers' walls. It really does enhance a wall beyond belief, once it's up. I have an 18 set in my bedroom, for good bright colourful decoration, at a glance. Or, if you wanted, you could sit/stand there and inspect it until it came out of your backside. There's so much detail, and so many random pictures, your eye will be keeping your brain busy for ages.

A lot of art enthusiasts don't consider collage as an art form, but I think it's THEE art form. It is art in art, art on top of art, art and art everywhere. Images and impressions and ideas, stuck against one another in comparison, in contrast, and in company. There is strength in numbers. One single image, no matter how astonishing, cannot compare to the most excellent collage.

Okay, I didn't so much as pick up a pen when compiling them (for sake of argument), and all I did is stick them together, but it's the EYE that is important, not the actual scissors and glue technique. I consider myself a CUTTER (love that job title), and it's the decisions I make during the cutting process that determine what the overall collage says. It's not just a picture of a turd taped next to a picture of a frog (although it COULD be). It's, well, all sorts of different things. Good things. Every separate image, down the tiniest cut-put, must have caught my eye for some reason. And of course I was limited to what magazines etc I had at the time.

Right, let's get em gone then. Who would like to make me an offer?

Or if you don't give a stuff about any of it then I completely understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment