dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Monday 12 April 2010

Silk Paintings





This is quite a delicate and unforgiving process of painting silk with different coloured dyes. You use gutta to form barriers between the dyes, so they can't run into each other; that's the silver lining you may be able to see on all but the top left hand side frame in the bottom picture. These should be getting proper banged out, being small, but I spent far too long on two today and ended up practically completely ruining them (top picture) by spreading the dye unevenly; it looks as if someone has spilt their sugary cuppa all over them.

My friend Darren suggested I start doing skulls (or something good, I think he meant), but no, it's too time-consuming when you start using the gutta, and then dabbing minute quantities of dye into tiny sections. I'd rather set myself on fire and then hang myself by a noose from a lamppost in the centre of Liverpool bus station on a busy summer's afternoon than arse about with a fidgety bit of cloth on a frame for longer than is necessary. Seriously, I would......

......not. Just joshing. Silk painting is fab, it really is. I'm just all new to it at the moment and didn't have the best of success today. In fact, I'm pleasantly distracted by RedBubble.com at the moment. It's an on-line creative art and writing community. One uploads work and gets feedback. Quite addictive, as I start to get into it. Sooo much better than MyFace......I think......


SCHMOE PLAYS
Bodybuilding fiction will start here......

Art Till Death
See it, cut it, stick it.

No comments:

Post a Comment