dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Saturday 26 June 2010

Book Market Advert

Welcome to a hotbed of short random fiction between 400-800 words.
Most of the content on this site is © Blog of Glob


CREDITS:
Winner of competition judged by NICHOLAS ROYLE
Recent publication in NOT SHUT UP magazine.
KOESTLER judge of writing last 2 years.

My 2 main themes now the blog is taking shape are Female Bodybuilding and topical/popular fiction, featured in MAY and JUNE. With an individual spin on them, of course.

(I am maturing from a history of dark, tense prose)

APRIL was devoted to my interest in ceramics. Elsewhere may be spattered with other bits of writing, poetry, music, etc.

If I had to use one word to describe the list of unpublished books on the right hand side of the screen, which range from teenage to adult, spanning the last 14 years, I would use PSYCHOLOGICAL.

I am currently working on my third collection of extremely varied flash fiction/short stories.

My most mainstream book is a THRILLER and you can find details below.

After exploring every genre of interest to me, I am ready to move on from my misery memoirs and liberate myself in COMEDY.

Please have a browse, by clicking on a particular month in the sidebar you can scroll down through that whole month's content. Thank you.
A.Donegan


SLITHERING LAKE 2003 (83,000 words) is almost completely liberated from sexual/racial tensions. A teacher (STAN) is bound to a woman (LUCY) by a childhood accident. His favourite pupil, a psychic (KARA), lives in LUCY’S street. LUCY’S boyfriend (HANK) is involved with a covert organisation who secretly helps govern the world. Its leader (HELLERMAN) holds base underneath the young criminally insane unit where KARA is admitted to, where STAN and LUCY are reunited, where STAN comes to understand why the world is as it is – and why he is the most important person in it. Between HELLERMAN’S explanations, and KARA’S help, he discovers that there is no life outside Slithering Lake to go back to, even if he was free to leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment