dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Sunday 23 July 2023

Mountain Walk


Howdy there, I pray that this reaches you in positive spirits. I am okay apart from aching lower limbs due to climbing a Welsh mountain the other day. You wouldn’t have fared well if you’re afraid of heights. The views were truly beautiful and there were even wild horses which belonged in some fairy tale nirvana scene. I was worried because, living on top of a mountain, they had no shelter.

There was a slight gradient (just a bit) and I swore to myself that there would be no more walking up mountains. I prefer flat walking because the lower limbs don’t ache but the only thing is that you don’t get the accompanying breath-taking views and panoramic vistas. It is immensely satisfying once done and one is blessed with a sense of accomplishment when stopping for a bite of lunch at the peak of a summit (no litter please).

I would recommend mountain walking for a taste of something different and don’t worry I won’t fail to warn you about the pitfalls:

1.     1. Weather: It’s either too hot or too cold, get used to it.

2.     2. Luggage: I just don’t suit bags, I never have.

3.     3. Dinner: Isn’t there a shop around here?

4.     4. Litter: For Godsakes, throw it away.

5.     5. Vertigo: Shouldn’t there be a handrail here?

6.     6. Getting Lost: I’m physically fit, I shouldn’t fall behind.

7.     7. Wildlife: Do sheep charge when threatened?

8.     8. Toilet: Don’t worry, it is not too blowy.

At one point I was getting angry at the guide because he was getting addicted to all the highest points when I wanted the easy route. A walking stick may help but not me personally. I prefer to travel light.

They do say nature is great for the soul and I have to agree! Here’s to the next wonderful hike in sunny Wales! x

No comments:

Post a Comment