dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Monday 19 July 2010

Bigger Golden Grapes



Rolling all these malteasers out takes hours. I never wanna do it again, to be honest. It's drop-dead boring. I would never be making these if not for my ideas about The Ceramic Devision. I recently read that if you want to sell your ceramics, the best thing to do is to stop making whatever you are making and enroll on a business course. There was nothing mentioned about spending your time with similarly-minded people, which I for one reckon is vital for self-development, confidence and esteem.

It's not the best environment if one is painting a Mona Lisa in a class of dunces drawing matchstick men, if you want to thrive and improve upon your skills. I'm just saying. Being at the bottom of a class, rather than than the top, will never result in stagnation.

I learned today that when rolling these balls, it doesn't irritate half as much if I go softly-softly (although I have big hands, they can be very gentle).

It took 4 hours to compose 3 of the extra large edition golden grapes/bronze balls. We're talking another 1.5 hours to paint them. Regardless of all the figures and prices and whatnot, I'd sell them in a blink, because they are, from a personal perspective, passionless. I could reel them off all day and they would all look the same.

My ornaments, on the other hand, are one-offs.

There's something special about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment