dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Monday 12 July 2010

Test Tiles



I was reluctant to paint these sample tiles but it's a good job I did because these new glazes are quite unpredictable. The gold needs 3 layers of paint before it actually becomes gold, and the black and white patches you can see, which in the shop resembled a shiny Dalmation dog's coat, is, in reality, a crumbly, flaky, touch-it-and-it-comes-off mess. A glaze which actually comes off, like dried cigarette ash! Can I believe it? No sir.

The blue is the only one which does what it says on the tin. Deary deary me. Ah well. I've just done some painting with them anyway. Talk about taking a gamble. It'll be squeaky bum time big time when I get to see in 3 days time. I suppose the insurance is that I can always re-paint and re-fire if the results are very poor, but that in itself is another gamble.

Sometimes they come out better than expected, other times not so. With these recent Termite Fortresses though, they are the best ornaments yet, so pretty pretty pretty please Mr Kiln no nasty surprises......

VERDICT: Alarmingly wild undesirable results!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment