dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Sunday 10 December 2023

Miracle Man

my mentor the miracle man
Watched two episodes of wanky world last night (Westworld). It’s not for everyone but I enjoy the series. I’ve still not got any idea of what’s going on like, but that’s the wanky world for you. I remember in series 3 there was a scene of a robot running for its life, getting shot at by humans. It eventually capsized to some stirring music and it was really moving. I hope there’s something similar in the rest of series 4. Evan Rachael Wood is beautiful isn’t she? Did you see her in The Wrestler (2008)?

This white void looks ominous again from where I’m sat. How do bloggers do it every day? Where do they get their themes from? I can’t be arsed with any such thing like that, I like talking about myself. That’s what I used to say about my old mentor behind his back (Rest His Soul). I said that he’ll talk to absolutely anyone so long as it’s about himself. He was ego-driven. He did radio and TV work. His nickname was The Miracle Man, because he kept defying death. His best fight move was opening the hand and jabbing the fingers into someone’s face. He said that by doing that you were guaranteed to gouge an eye. Much more effective than a punch. He had a book out, called Cobblestone Kids. You can buy it on Amazon. You can also buy some of my ebooks on Amazon Kindle.

My old mentor was an alcoholic for seven years. He maintains that he was pissed for that long straight. Still, he often used to take me the pub to enjoy a couple of pints of Guiness. He didn’t believe in AA or anything like that. He said that teetotalers are in bondage to the booze, and it is much more ideal to be able to just have one or two here and there without feeling the urge to keep going all day and night until oblivion is reached, or whatever it is that alcoholics seek. When I was in hospital, sectioned the time before last, he came to see me every single evening. One time I was in my room and I heard his voice booming down from reception, “ANDREW DONEGAN!” How admirable is that, going to see someone every single day in hospital? Answer: Very.

I hope I’m in a position to help someone myself as he helped me. He was a roofer by trade, he took me up there with him on several occasions. It’s very brave climbing onto rooftops in my opinion. I couldn’t wait to get back down. I’ve seen him hanging off the roof like a cat. He dismantled a chimney once, hurling brick after clanging brick into a skip on the floor. It was one of the most noisey rackets I’ve ever heard in my life. Mostly I was just holding the ladder for him. One of my mates in recovery has just had an accident in that regard. He took his foot off the ladder for a moment and it fell down, obviously hurting the man who was on the ladder at the time. He shared about it in group, the incident has really affected him. His name is James. He’s bi-sexual. He gives me kisses and hugs and, for some reason I haven’t been able to figure out yet, he’s now started showing me his bare ass. He had his bike robbed as well lately, so he’s not having a great time of late, Anyhoo, that’s enough about The Miracle man and James for now. Come back in  a few days to see what else we can ramble on about eh. Much love x

No comments:

Post a Comment