dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Wednesday 20 December 2023

Red Jacket


I had a one-to-one with Fiona from the mental health drop-in on Monday afternoon. This was a chance to have a private conversation with a woman about what is going on for me. It went well, I opened up a lot about my parasites and my psychosis. She pointed out that I am vulnerable because I am a ‘large black male’. That’s stereotyping for you. Harsh but true. That’s exactly how the Hollywood actor David Harewood got described during his breakdown. He played Othello, Nelson Mandela, was in Supergirl and Homeland. He was also in a documentary called Psychosis and Me (2019). I can identify with his psychotic meltdown. I started reading his book last night after finally putting down a Jeffrey Deaver book which has taken over a mind-bending three months to read. It’s not the best advert for the Jeffrey is it?

I’ve got a prayer book to print off and proofread which may or may not be included in Headswap, my latest novella. I don’t want to include it because it asks the reader a question: Which do I read first? I might leave it out, it’s not essential to the story. Likewise, I have to get my boiler fixed. I know, no heating in this weather. It’s freezing here in Northern England. How is it where you are?

David Harewood found himself wandering around the city blacking out during his psychosis. I was doing the same thing during mine. I’d find myself in dark fields in the middle of the night. One time I went swimming after midnight at Blackpool beach. I had a discarded piece of red clothing wrapped around my arm in honour of my number one divine head honcho protector, the spirit I call Red Jacket. I’d found the red rag (I think it was part of a sleeve) on some abandoned church grounds. Later I would keep it secure in a children’s bag I bought from B&M. God told me to set it on fire so I did. I think I put some candles in the bag and went into the bedroom to leave it to chance whether it burned or not. It didn’t set alight but a brand new Arsenal top inside got ruined. Weeks later, when I opened it to assess the damage, it was if a fiery spirit got released. I’d forgotten what was in it. I’d been keeping all kinds of red momentos and relics in there. Anyway, I started hearing screaming all around the neighbourhood when I opened it. I went outside to see mad traffic and sensed something brooding in the air. The way the leaves on the trees were shaking…it was spectral. All because I’d opened this special bag. It was if Red Jacket had escaped and she was punishing all my tormentors. It was like something from a movie.

Red Jacket appeared to me several weeks ago for the first time but that’s a different story. Lucifer was getting too close to me so she had to do something. I’d like to thank Red Jacket and my other protective entities here, publicly. Thanks a bunch guys, I love you lot with all my heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment