dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Saturday 16 December 2023

Spoon-Feeding


Listening to a Rammstein electro remix and music doesn’t get much better. Just got my pool in, another nice one down the rail stood out. Also, a snooker escape and a top hat to finish off. I’ve never heard the term top hat mentioned before by the pundits, I don’t know where I picked it up. But basically it is a three cushion double, if that makes any sense. I’m still at a loss of what to say, shouldn’t a blogger have an exciting life? Shouldn’t he be kayaking or spelunking or skydiving or summet? Shouldn’t he be dancing at the bar surrounded by babes balancing a tray of drinks? Or nodding his head at some lights to trance music in a Zonda? Or at the safari park with the family, at least? C’mon, give me something man. Don’t be just sat in the library with no life experience, spoon-feeding drivel to the masses. I‘ve said this before, but that’s how Samuel Loomis describes professional writing – spoon-feeding drivel to the masses. (That’s Michael Myers’ doctor by the way.) Is this what I’m doing to you? You can say yes if you want to, I won’t be offended.

How will I beat this block? I’m truly doubting the prosperity of this blogger site. It’s okay here, for example, being stuck once in a while, blogging about not knowing what to blog about, but long-term? Get a grip, Andy, that sh*t won’t suffice. This almost daily-blogging challenge feels over now to me. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I am no Christopher Fowler. I’m afraid it will have to be one or two a week again, if you are lucky. I wish I had a secret blogger who was writing for me, who had my best interests at heart. I’d drop him an inspirational comment and ask him to never give up doing what he loves, tell him what he was doing was crucial. Or maybe I wouldn’t because I don’t often blow smoke up people’s arses. I did however tell Conrad Williams one time at a reading that what he was doing was as good as anything, and I meant every word, because it was at one point. Then I discovered my own work, lol. No, seriously, I enjoy reading my own work back sometimes. Back in my prime, I’m not ashamed to say that I knock my own breath away. And why wouldn’t it, because it’s me. Its saying exactly what I want it to say. That’s the whole point. Create not just a better world, but a perfect one. I believe I’m doing that in all the fiction I write, otherwise I wouldn’t do it.

I suppose you’re thinking, “Come on Mr. Donegan, get up off your ass and get some life experience so you can blog about it to me.” How about giving me some valuable life experience cash to do so? You know where the donate button is! C’mon dude, I got five (spiritual) kids to feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment