dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Sunday 25 February 2024

Fight With A Slug In Bed

Good morning, afternoon, evening, or whatever time it is at your end. Maybe you are cocooned within the dark recesses of the night, and you are taking a peek while snacking at the fridge. What are you eating, chilled chicken skewers or Babybels or something? Maybe you are on the bus or train. Maybe just monged out on the sofa. I’m hopeless at guessing what you’re doing. Maybe you are watching Gothika (2003), immersed in the bit when the guy from Alien 3 (1992), throws water over Halle Berry’s reflection, and then asks her what she sees in the distorted mirror image. That’s a giant moment in all of movie history for me. Robert Downey Junior was in it, before he became known as Iron Man. In Gothika, while escaping from a padded cell after having worked there previously as a psychiatrist, Halle takes a burly security guard off his feet with a shoulder barge. That scene reminds me of pregnant women lifting cars off their children and stuff. Mothers have insane strength at times, don’t they? What is it with the bamboozling strength of mothers!?

Just been for a couple of pints with whiskey chasers, to warm myself up for this. Sometimes I like the booze after I’ve blogged, other times before, to galvanise those creative juices. Twenty or so hits overnight is a good result these days. I was getting thousands of hits over the summer, and that has really motivated me. I felt up there chumming around with the big writers who have readerships, although it can’t compete with Facebook, in a way. If you have 5000 friends on Facebook (the limit), and you post a status, then you have just published some writing to 5000 people in the click of a button. That’s radical. I miss Facebook.

I’m hoping that blogging is more personal. I don’t care about the five thousand that Jesus didn’t feed, I care about The One, about you. You know who you are. Keep reading, and I’ll keep you. I’ll big you up, tell you how wonderful you are, plus I’ll awfully mean it as well. You can’t get this anywhere else.

You. Are. Awesome. And so am I. Just saying. “Am I right or am I right?” as my mentor used to say. Come on, “Am I right or am I right?”

Apologies for being cheesy. It’s just the mood I’m in. I was going to write about a fight with a giant slug on a bed, but I’ve almost run out of time. I got the idea from church today. The Pastor said that there’s a Christian Retreat coming up later in the year. I thought wow, excellent, I wish it was a lot sooner than October. And then I remembered the last retreat I went on. It was at some kind of hall far up north. If I wasn’t running out of time I’d tell you about what happened there, late one evening. Maybe, if you inbox me politely, I’ll tell you all about it next time, in confidence. A fight with a giant slug on a bed, what can be more exciting than that?

Oh go on then, you’ve twisted my arm, I can’t wait, I’ll spill the beans now. Basically, a giant black slug materialised in my bed at night time and started to batter me. Quickly, I had to keep from being decompressed by it. It was decompressing me! Contorting me, squeezing me, wrapping me up. I was being suffocated and everything. It was so heavy, just spreading its weight about over my body. I felt flattened by something semi-invisible. This thing is crushing me all over, I thought. It had hold of my hands, my every nerve. In the end, I had to stab it with its own pointed tail. But the effort required! Wow! There was something scorpion-esque about the thing. It was about the same size as me, and when it popped, as it did pop, popped with an anti-inflatable hiss, an explosive report, like a sibilant catcall of death, I rolled onto the floor and off the bed in sweet relief, as if I’d just been released from a torture chamber, away from Freddy Kruegar with hot gloves on. I’d stabbed the basta*d! And with part of its own anatomy! Have that, slug! That’s it, in essence, now why doesn’t Hollywood go and make a movie of it? 100% true, no psychosis liberties taken.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment