dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Wednesday 1 May 2024

The Twilight Zone

The time I entered The Twilight Zone was perhaps the most unsettling time of my life. I simply had no whiff of an idea of what what was going on. I was Godless at the time, with no protective spirits. I had no Abbie or Victoria; no Chloe or Prue or Mathilda or BeeBee or young Gill; no Red Jacket, no Bennie, no Lydia, no Lucy, no Meredith, no Gonia or Apocto; no Gilbert, or The Father. I was completely alone in a world of hate mobbers, brain techers, supernatural spirits and schizophrenia. How did I survive?

I survived by keeping on my toes, and walking around in expansive circles, that’s how. It started in my flat, when creatures started appearing from out of goddamn nowhere. One of the worst was a big dock-off dog-sized brown rat with blood-stained square human teeth. That one really disturbed me. It still gives me the creeps a bit now. Another was a hybrid between a human and a scorpion looking at me from an upside down position on my tree. It gripped the tree like a squirrel. This one I believe was the Devil himself, making a personal visit to claim me. At one point my room was like a zoo; I was forcefully striding up and down in order to defend my territory. They had already taken my office space, and my sofa; now all I had was a slim walk space through the middle of the carpet. Of course, eventually, I left the apartment. I was overrun. This was the whole point, I can see now in 20/20 hindsight vision, to make me leave.

If inside was a zoo, then outside was a jungle. There were oxen in the park, and lions in the bushes. It took a lot of nerve to walk past one particular lion. I wouldn’t call it bravery, although others might. I’d just call it a total inability to do anything else; I couldn’t go backwards to where I’d just come from, and it was the only option available. The rats from my flat where leading me, always thirty or forty yards ahead, knowing where I was going. There were hefty ones chasing all the cars, as big as the cars, and keeping up with them quite easily too. When a 25 metre tapeworm arose along the kerbside and started wrapping its coils around me, I almost gave up.

In the distance on the horizon were tarantulas the size of skyscrapers. I took heed of the possibility that this might be like War Of The Worlds or something. I thought they were all biological weapons sent from the Russians, invented in laboratories and formed for war. I had no choice but to walk towards them. They moved and looked like spaceships. One of them followed me home. I was strolling between its legs. When I got back inside my flat, its porous legs were in there with me. Every time I passed through one I felt a tingly prickly vibe throughout my whole body. Very distressing were the pig-sized mole rats, as they kept repeatedly snapping at me with their large goofy gnashers.

Let’s just say that I’m glad it’s over, and praise be to The Good Lord that I’ll never have to go through anything like that ever again. Trials and tribulations make us stronger, they make us like steel. It wasn’t painful or anything, but it made me numb inside. The disbelief was staggering. I couldn’t compute the logic of what was happening and it has affected my day-to-day reasoning skills for ever. I still don’t know how to react to everyday potentially-dangerous situations because I don’t know if it is real, semi-real, or bullshit, to be ignored. The stuff to be ignored can feel like a 24-carat threat and the real stuff can feel like a dream. As Al Pacino so famously said in the movie Insomnia (2002): “I don’t know anymore.” What I am sure of however is God, and that’ll do me. Amen to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment