dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Thursday, 1 October 2026

Threat To Humanity

There’s this huge drama about AI wiping out humanity. Like many I assume, there’s a lot of befuddlement about how exactly this might happen, and where the fear is arising from. My knowledge of AI sprouts from the Terminator franchise, when Cyberdyne Systems went active. Or was it online?

This looks slightly more threatening than the Millennium Bug. That was just a bunch of clocks resetting themselves.

When I’m searching for artwork across the web, I often type in AI after my general search descriptors. I don’t mind pictures done by a computer, they have a polished and slick effect to them, as if they have just popped out of cutting-edge printers.

But how can a glossy illustration outdo mankind’s efforts to preserve his own fate?

I worked it out for myself. It’ll be the robots, as Hollywood’s Terminator suggested. Only they won’t be mercenaries sent from the future, arriving in a bubbly, sparkly, globular portal; it’ll be a police officer. Off the back of a Black Mariah.

AI cop arses. I’ve heard they already have them in China.

It’s hard enough arguing with the human ones. Don’t just ask George Flloyd, ask my younger brother. They both suffocated in custody.

They have AI police (or cop arses) in the sci-fi hit Elysium (2013). I can’t believe it took me so long to join the dots. Our only hope is that the robots, when arresting us for deportation, start dribbling white fluid from the mouth and malfunction. It wouldn’t be the first robot I’ve seen hit a major glitch in its programming. Some of them even have a habit of spontaneously combusting on the spot.

All that propaganda about the robot Olympics is smoke and mirrors – they really want them for law enforcement.

A brick shit-house metal AI pig with The Voice Of God weapon and a stun gun...

...you're going with him!

I recommend you buy an attack dog, to set on the electronic cop arse when he (or should I say it) comes to detain you – if he hasn’t brought his own counter-attack robot dog with him. He might have one with three heads, like Cerberus.


No comments:

Post a Comment