dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Friday 2 August 2024

Tree Man

I’m all the way back down to Day 4 because I used speed last Monday, but now I sense a real determination to get RARE again (28 Days clean) and beyond. I’m engaging with Pathways again, I’ve just been to a SMART group right now. Presently I’m in the library talking to your good self. I can kind of sense the time when I’m about to do well, because I get bored and overly traumatised by all the accompanying psychosis from drug using. I’m grateful for relief from schizophrenic voices. I intend to really appreciate the good times from now on for the first time in my life and be thankful for them each coming day.

My boy Ste opened up about his ‘madness’ in group today. He said he sees intruders in his apartment when he hits the bottle. He’s never heard of anything to ever do with a TI (Targeted Individual), but rather blames his condition on low thiamine levels. Apparently low thiamine levels can cause hallucinations. He said that since he’s started taking it he’s been cured overnight! Anyway, he said he was offering to shake hands with his intruders, and spoke something similar to this: “See, you won’t shake hands with me will you, because you’re not even really there.”

He’s also reported a ‘Tree Man’, who lives outside his doorway in the bushes. He said Tree Man is scary and prevents him from leaving his flat. He’s six foot tall and wears a green balaclava. (It sounds like my experience with the government agency Mossad, who at one time knocked on my bedroom window with a sword [real and frightening].) Ste got arrested for being drunk and Disorderly on his way back from the shop to purchase alcohol the other week. He said he fell over in front of them and they cuffed him, demanding where he live. “I live just there,” he told them, “number 32.” They didn’t believe him, and thought he was a prowling burglar or something, or whatever it is that police think. They led him to his door, but he’d lost his keys. It was then that Tree Man started talking to him, while he was busy with the police officers. “Not now,” he said to the Tree Man.

“Who are you talking to?” they wanted to know.

He broke down and confessed to them. “I’m talking to a man who lives in the bushes. He always harasses me when I’ve been drinking. I need a drink for the confidence to be able to walk past him without wetting myself. He’s been giving me the jitters for months.” The police took him to the Section 136 Unit at the local puzzle factory, where he was assessed by two AMHPs (Approved Mental Health Professionals). There he learned of their power (the ability to section you) and track-backed on his story, afraid of losing his freedom. He said he meant none of it, it was just gibberish coming out of his gob because of the ale, and by that note he maintained his liberty. Well done Ste – escaped by the skin of your teeth. It really doesn’t pay to be honest sometimes.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment