dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Saturday, 1 August 2026

Eyeing But Not Buying

I just bought a DVD player. Then I marched to the loop shop for DVDs. But I changed my mind. The filth wasn’t filthy enough.

I could try the city store, for stronger content, but I think I might be happy watching regular movies, if I can locate them, as the supermarket has stopped selling them. It’s all streaming now.

Just waiting for a second hand television. I’ll get a set-up going in the bedroom and maybe tune into an old box set to kill an hour or too. Sounds like fun. I haven’t watched television, apart from soccer games in the pub, for several years now. 18 months of that has included XXX material.

I’m currently free from it. But that then was a close call. If her boobs had been a  little bigger…

My initials are A.D. Appropriate Daddy. I can’t be seen talking to young girls in Maccies, helping them with their self-harm shenanigans, if I’ve been sat up all might frothing at the seams of the mouth over their likenesses on camera. It seems like every young chick has a decent rack and an exposed naval jewel and a juicy behind, but it’s no excuse to go raiding the eye-level buy-level shelves in the sex shop, and filling up one’s psyche full of indecency for the foreseeable.

Hang back. Don’t jump in. Most of it is crap. Proper bullsh*t.

I agree. Hardly any of it is executed exactly how I would like it to be. It’s mostly silly vulnerable girls rather than hot experienced women; I’ve had enough – and then I’m stuck with that immature imagery in my mind forever, making a mockery out of my recovery. I think I’ll stick to functioning well on a daily basis, instead of with a head full of shame and guilt. Yep, that sounds better.

Value your life, I hear a positive voice say. God has fashioned me into a warrior, so that, despite the ever-present hum of toxicity from the enemy, I can rely on a profound sense of inner strength to ply me through ceaseless adversity. Moreover, I find a break in the proceedings and laugh to myself at the inaptitude of their dark plans; I realise that when left alone I operate on frequencies of peace and joy. Solitude for me is character-building, but I have multiple opportunities in the week to share meaningful fellowship with likeminded associates. These are small but valuable pockets to talk openly about what I dare – there is no shortage of listening ears.

I have some more cooking to do, so I have to dash. And I have a great book to sink my teeth into. If you spare me a thought later, like maybe when you pop back in for another visit, at least it will be noble. I won’t be sat on my arse bashing the bishop to porn: I’ll be riding those pearly waves which arise from a righteous mind (at least for the moment), and pursuing the resulting freedoms which emanate from such merrily-stuffed bounties.

I don’t think I’ll be wiping out just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment