dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession

dark am i, yet lovely, a lily among thorns, majestic as stars in procession
WHY DESTROY YOURSELF? WHY DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME? THE KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE TREMBLE. DESIRE IS NO LONGER STIRRED. DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD.

Tuesday, 18 August 2026

What Was That About?

() I made it out alive. Or you might agree that I’ve suffered yet another spiritual death. It wouldn’t be the first, would it? My spiritual capital is flying out of every window at the moment. And all I do is sit at home.

I can’t mention drugs and porn currently. God, do I ever stop banging on about them? This relapse was a bad one, I’ve only just crawled out of bed and rolled into the shop for a super strength beer. I supped it on the bench outside, watching happy-looking pedestrians meander past.

Well, at least I’m out in public. No amount of give-away ulcers on my bottom lip can keep me hiding indoors forever. I’ve noticed that addicts always get face sores when they use. It must be a thing. Something takes away their confidence and resolve and leaves them a scab in exchange. Quid pro quo. Fair kop.

It was crap, by the way. I didn’t enjoy it. There goes my clean time. But I don’t want to focus on the negative. At the same time I can’t distract myself by writing a story. Suppose I’ll just chat bubbles as usual.

Back in college, way back when, our philosophy tutor asked us to describe what thinking feels like. Easy that. I said it was like blowing bubbles through bubbles. Lisa had jewelry last week that doubled up as bubble blowing devices. She removed her chunky ring and started blowing bubbles through it.

How would I describe the thinking process almost thirty years later? Difficult, at the moment. My visual cortex has been hacked to ribbons, so there goes the pretty pictures of silver lakes and castles in the sky and dolphins and fairies and leprechauns sat on the edges of giant magic mushrooms. I wouldn’t be able to envisage my own face if I’d been staring into the mirror all day. But hey, I can live without that. 

Having an overactive third eye, unless you are hooked up, is overrated. Now the menticiders have nothing to harass me about. I have theoretically lost my mind! Who knows, maybe it will return to me one day…

Until then I'll try and plod on, getting my arse onto this chair as much as I am able. Should be back later.


No comments:

Post a Comment